This time the .BY file attached is 32kb.  (it also compares cleanly against the
copy inside the zip file)

Interestingly, I loaded the 28kb .BY file into REXCPM and it accepted it - I
was able to switch to it and CALL 47104 and play the game.  (The only thing
which seemed unusual is that when I switched to that image it would reset the
M100's RTC.)  I wonder if REX classic is doing some size check when loading
saved image files that REXCPM isn't?

I ended up making my own .BY image which also contains ASTRO.BA with line 50
modified to CALL 47104, and that seems to work fine - the machine language
survives multiple executions of ASTRO.BA and I get a nice reminder of the
controls because my memory is like a steel sieve... :)  (I can share that image
if anybody wants)

BTW, the instructions recommend using the RESET button to exit the game, which
(at least for me) ends up with the M100 menu executing all the gameplay
keystrokes because they're buffered for some reason.  Amusingly, powering
off/on doesn't actually seem to quit the game (!?!) unless I wait a few seconds
with the power off, and when turning back on I don't have keystrokes in the
buffer.  Some might find that helpful.

Anybody else find that Enter fires but CTRL doesn't (contrary to the game
instructions)?

        jim