I believe that it is just not possible to use PC hardware ... drive,
controller... to read a TPDD disk.

The disk is encoded with FM whereas a normal drive is MFM.  Or maybe that
is backwards.

Not sure but possibly a Catweasel drive can be used.  But that is
specialized.

Perhaps though a real TPDD drive connected to the pc is good enough?  I
think there is software for that .