Most of the PDD design I think is pretty robust - physically at least.
Things I would check off the top of my head:

 - Is the belt still in place?
 - Does it still power up (PSU board has connector that could shift loose)
 - Does disk still insert / eject smoothly?

One non-obvious thing I've seen on a couple of PDDs now is this:  There is
a metal tab on the top of the frame that lifts the felt pressure-pad off
the disk cookie during eject. This tab was physically bent on 2 of the
drives I've seen, preventing the felt from making contact. The result was
that the cookie was not pressed firmly against the drive head and the disk
was not read properly. Bending this tab is very touchy as the felt needs to
raise up quickly enough to clear the disk shell on eject, but still lower
fully to press the cookie to the head.

Good luck!

-Josh