Stephen wrote:

"

* between 37 and ground you should have clock for sure.
* If I were you I would confirm that your frequency counter reads the
correct result when the M100 is working.
* not sure how your counter works....

* X1 is for the RTC, won't prevent start up
* X2 is the 4.9152 MHz crystal.

"
I repeated my tests with the frequency counter, first verifying its
operation by connecting to a known-good source of oscillation (Velleman
PMK147'1).  While connected to X2 with power on the frequency drifted from
approximately 60 Hz to about 135 Hz, up and down.  With power off the
frequency returned to 0 Hz.  I moved the counter contacts to pins 20 and 37
of the CPU.  With power on I got 0 Hz.

I will try replacing the X2 crystal next.

-CH-

Link to counter manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qpj-rVU-FyOG4KIyBXnG977CGlm0duFU/view?usp=sharing