Well, for what it does (image backup/restore) whether it's a raw memory image
or something that's usable as a virtual disk in an emulator, as long as the
backup and restore are consistent with one another and performance of the
backup/restore process is not impacted I guess it doesn't matter.  If it's more
efficient or easier to backup/restore the current image format then maybe a
tool to convert a backup into a vdisk might be useful?  Or, instead of trying
to use it in one of these other CP/M emulators, maybe some way of loading a
REXCPM backup image into/out of VirtualT?  (I haven't played with this in a
while, honestly - I remember Philip made something available to run CP/M in
VirtualT maybe a year or two ago which I did play with and got very excited
over, but I have no idea what the current state of that is, maybe there is
already a way to move REXCPM backup images back and forth to use them for CP/M
in VirtualT...?)

        jim