Most likely, the folks at Traveling Software didn't take into account the EU
version. Or perhaps they were unaware of it. Those details are likely lost to
time.

As for compatibility. I would check the model number on the main board to make
sure it matches the US mainboard. If not, there could be issues. Hopefully the
ROM patch was something specific to EU use such as the extended ASCII character
table.

Kurt