When using dlplus in Linux, you must make sure that all of the files in the
desklink directory are in all CAPITAL letters. If not, then files will
appear to transfer but those files will actually be mostly null characters.
So "file.do" is unacceptable, it must be FILE.DO. Just one file that does
not follow this rule could screw up all of your downloads. It took me years
of tearing my hair out and a half dozen serial to USB convertors before I
deduced this.