Hi John, thanks for getting back to me.

I *think* that was one of the early steps I tried. I've since removed the
memory battery (a few weeks ago -- it was crusty) so it's not a concern
right now.

But, I figured what the heck, and just did the recovery test outlined in
your link, and sadly had no response on the display. If I listen carefully,
I can hear the relay engage, but other than that, no response from the
system.

The system can be made to beep by entering Basic and typing beep, but
trying to create a simple program doesn't work. And then there's the odd
connector power readings.

Thoughts?

--Brad

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 11:14 PM John R. Hogerhuis <jho...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Hello Brad, before you start doing surgery, you didn't say if you've done
> the usual recovery procedures.
>

> http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=Recovering_an_Unresponsive_Laptop
>
> -- John.

Brad Grier