I have used two different SONY digital voice records. Both set to 192kbs MP3
which they call SHQ in their settings. I've never had a problem with a loss of
data. Crank the volume up all the way for playback. One was an ICD-700 and the
other one is a PX-333. Either way you can't go wrong. Be warned, it is slow!

This also works with the NEC units. I suspect they could use a lower bit rate
due to the fact that the NEC records at 600bps instead of 1500bps.

Kurt