No, this is not the case, i think.
Brightness is getting higher and higher until you don't see anything.
And this happens to different times: after 3, 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes after
20.
On some units the lcd is flickering until it shut off.

Pressing a key doesn't activate the lcd back. Only full switch off / switch on.

On some units the contrast "jog dial" (doesn't know exact name of this part in
English) doesnt work at all. Contrast is always locked to one position.

Kind regards

Pawel

--
Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen