I bought a Tandy CR-83 cassette recorder from EBAY that came with a
cassette cable for the M100/102. I have two devices that appear to both be
working normally but I am unable to load a program or document from a
cassette. I tested the cassette recorder by recording some music from my
computer by line cable.  If I save a program or document to tape, I can
hear the modem noises on the tape if I play it back.  However, I cannot get
either a BASIC program or document to load from a cassette on either of my
two devices.  Thinking it might be a bad cable, I ordered a new cable from
arcadeshopper.com and I get exactly the same result.  I am using Radio
Shack C60 normal bias tape.  I also tried to load a wav file from my
computer with no luck either.  So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Bill