On Thu, Oct 21, 2021, 5:59 AM Jeffrey Birt <bir...@soigeneris.com> wrote:

> This would not solve the underlying problem(s).
>

>    1. New users of the M100 always get bitten in the butt by this BA/DO
>    file issue.
>    2. Once you learn it is a problem you still have the manual process of
>    making sure the sure the extension of the file is correct. Loading a .DO as
>    a .DO into RAM. Opening this .DO into BASIC and saving it as a .BA to
>    tokenize it.
>    3. If it is a large program, you may not have enough RAM to hold the
>    .DO and .BA versions at once. Someone on the Discord server wrote a program
>    that will pull a .DO from the Backpack one line at a time, tokenize it and
>    save it to RAM. This is still a manual process.

First of all there's

Load"COM:98N1E
Or

Run"COM:98N1E

Or similar. On the assumption that the backpack can transmit a text file.
You might need a program to trigger and load immediately. NADSBox can
transmit after a delay so you just need the command.  Don't know if
backpack has such a command. But you shouldn't have to load a "line at a
time"

Even better if you are using TSDOS  I believe you just need to use it in
DOS-ON mode.

LOAD"0:PROG.DO

should load a text encoded BASIC program in one step IIRC.

-- John.