On 2022-01-13 10:26PM, Brian K. White wrote:
> Without some hacking, you can't use anything else, just nicd or nimh,
> 3.6v (3 cell), and even with the correct battery, you can't leave it
> plugged in more than about a day, 2 at the most. More than that and
> you're cooking the battery off. The charging circuit is very crude, no
> intelligent battery management, doesn't cut itself off, etc.
Yeah, I realized right after sending the email that putting a lithium
ion battery in there without any charging circuit was a recipe for
disaster.

> I recommend squirting a little bob of hot-glue under the battery to
> hold it and provide strain relief for the solder joints.
Will definitely try this.

Since ArcadeShopper has them in stock I'll probably get one from there,
but thanks for your helpful suggestions!

Thanks!
~nytpu

--
Alex // nytpu