I have a PDF of the manual and as best I can figure the included Chipmunk power
supply is around the same current as the M100 PS as the M100 PS will power the
drive, but it will not properly charge the Chipmunk battery. The manual even
notes the Chipmunk PS should not be used to power the M100 as the Chipmunk PS
is 1.5 volts greater (7.5VDC) than the M100 PS (6VDC) and the Chipmunk PS would
certainly damage the M100. Some pictures show a Chipmunk with a 7.5VDC 400ma
PS. The Chipmunk takes a 5.5mm OD x 2.1mm ID plug with a Negative (-) center.
The PS I have (DMD-8201500) is adjustable up to 24VDC with a max of 1.5A. It
does not have a breakdown of amps vs VDC or anything about watts/power. So I am
unsure if current at 7.5VDC is the same/less than at 24VDC.

When I turn everything on and RESET (hard/soft) the M100 the Chipmunk lights up
as if a boot process is attempting to find something. The CDOS Menu does not
appear and the M100 goes on unaware of the process. I thought I read somewhere
that the CDOS ROM can be run with a CALL 0 from BASIC, but this has done
nothing that I can note. There is evidently a RAM portion of CDOS and I am
hoping this is what the Chipmunk is trying to find on the drive. Possibly the
CDOS ROM is like a BIOS and needs something from the CDOS Utility disk to
complete the process of loading CDOS Menu to RAM. Once loaded, the CDOS Menu,
can be turned On/Off in a similar fashion as TS-DOS.

Thanks for the help y’all. I will check out the M100SIG files and see if I can
find more clues.

God Bless,

GregS <><