Just wanted to post an update about my recent issues. As I kinda suspected, not
knowing the history behind my M102 with a REX# (that I bought "as is"), has
been a huge hassle. After trying to play with ROMs today, suffering from many
crashes, CRC errors, and such, the M102 suddenly lost all it's RAM, including
my files, the time was lost, and the REXMGR vanished. It was back in january
2000 and l lost all of my stuff. Luckily I did use REX to save a memory dump a
couple of days ago. Now... Having an empty M102 ( not my doing ) I thought "ho
, hell ; let's go for it" and I did a complete reset, and reinstalled the REX
software from scratch, then made an update from 2.0 to 2.1/ (all of that with a
DOS pc running Desklink) And I had no issue whatsoever in the whole process
(apart from guessing filenames) And now : everything works properly. I think my
REX# was in a semi broken state causing all kind of weird issues. Also I now
have "program names" in the main menu for ROMs, so obviously

 I understand how to enter them now (I didn't have that!) Switching between
ROMs seems to work as it should (it starts right away) and you hit F8 you're
back in main menu; and then you have a "shortcut" to restart your ROM program.
None of that was working properly. I really don't know in what "state" my REX#
was, maybe it was corrupted in some way, but I guess I'll now have less stupid
questions as the freaking thing seems to work as it should now. I'll I think
spend some time creating a youtube video (if nobody did that) to explain how to
install/upgrade REX# , using vintage tools ( DOS/desklink ) I'll also try to
make my own ROM as I'm kinda sad that I lose my built-in modem capabilities
(this is a european model with an US ROM because of REX). I'll try to overwrite
the modem section of the ROM and see what this does. Thanks again to Brian,
John & Stephen for their support, some of which I printed :)