I've used my T102 several times as a terminal with my MFJ-1274 TNC to get
on the HF packet BBSes of Network105 (7.104Mhz and 14.105Mhz, LSB)

I tried last year to write an APRS weather decoder in BASIC but I could
never get ON COM to work so I gave up.

It's kind of fun, but a terminal with 80 columns and at least a scrollback
buffer would be a lot better.