I'll give these a try once I figure out the serial transfer stuff!

On 9/26/22 8:55 PM, Charlie Hoey wrote:
I have been dipping my toes in as well, mostly writing/assembling on the hardware itself with BYTEIT, and more recently CMZASM (both available here: http://www.club100.org/library/libprg.html). Both work by writing your asm code in the TEXT app and then compiling separately. BYTEIT assembles out to a specific memory address immediately, while CMZASM outputs a .BA file that POKEs everything in, which I didn't really get at first but actually has some appeal / is easier to reuse.

Been meaning to write up the little bit I've done so far somewhere, so far I've just gotten a short LFSR seedable random number generator routine going that I can CALL from basic, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong because things still get a little crashy.