Hi Brian,

Thanks for the details, it'll take me a while to work through this, but it
sounds believable and achievable. I have purchased one of the ideal cables
you mention. If I understand correctly, the ideal cable should work fine
hooked up between my dell and the m100 because the dell has a db-9 serial
port. My mac on the other hand doesn't so I require a USB-Serial adapter to
make like the Mac has a DB-9 serial port? Then, I should be able to start
talking to the m100 via the ideal cable and USB-Serial connector plus any
gender changer needed between cable and USB-Serial adapter, right?

As for the TPDD stuff, once I get the cables sorted out, I will work on
bootstrapping and getting the client on the M100 and a server for my mac.

Thanks,

Will