  From: John R. Hogerhuis
  To: m...@bitchin100.com
  Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2022 3:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [M100] Notoriously S.L.O.W BASIC posted - help speeding it up
appreciated

  On Thu, Oct 27, 2022, 12:14 PM MikeS <dm...@torfree.net> wrote:

    Good tips.

    DEFINT a-z reduced the time to print 50 lines from 61 seconds to 51

    I'd also forgotten about integer division; that reduced it another 4
seconds to 47.

    Any more ideas?

  Seems like you can declare constants in expressions as integers? So 4096
would be 4096% I guess.

  I haven't experimented much with it but it might prevent copies, casts,
intermediate calculations from going to double precision floats..

  And I don't know if there's much difference but you added two strings that
were being printed. It might be faster to use ; instead of + since it doesn't
do a intermediate string copy.

  -- John.