Sounds like what I do when I want separate versions and can't be bothered
extracting the desired file from the main log. ;-)

On the PC using old venerable ProComm:

Save new version:
ESC:       terminates previous D/L
PgDn,7: selects new ASCII D/L
Enter version no.
Ready to receive next version, for save, restore, compare, whatever.
5 keystrokes

Restore previous version:
ESC: Get out of D/L mode.
PgUp,7:   select ASCII upload
Enter version number
'Enter' when the M100 is ready
5 keystrokes.

What can I say; if you're going to program on the M100 why not do it the way
you could have done it in pre-Git and even pre-Windows days... No need to
fumble with those newfangled mice either ;-)

One annoyance: It appears that BASIC does not send CR/LF so you have to enable
that on the terminal. However, that now double-spaces 'normal' COM files so you
either have to change the terminal settings or do your own CR/LFs.

(Unless someone has a better idea ?)