That is odd. Handshaking and Carrier Detect can cause peculiar problems,
but I'm wondering if maybe something else is wrong with the serial port.

I have a Tandy 200 and my belief is that the the serial port is the same as
the 102 (which came later). The only difference I know of is that one needs
to add the extra letters "NN" to TELCOM's `STAT` command. (For example, `STAT
98N1ENN` instead of `STAT 98N1E`). If you forget the extra letters, TELCOM
will silently ignore the setting.

[image: image.png]
Does your Tandy 200's serial port work when connecting to anything else?
For example, to your Tandy 102 via a null modem?

—b9