It still works. I use it. And anyone can build themselves a new one any
time from my re-spin plans, it just hasn't changed and probably never will
because I am not up to picking apart the firmware to hack on it nor write a
new one. It's Steve's last version.

The only advancement is I made adapter boards for model 200 recently like I
had for 100 & 102 already, where the board includes a copy of a standard
rom so that it functions just like the original rom, but also provides a
solderless connection out to rex and back so that you can boot from the rex
or boot from internal without having to open the case again. And the
connections are all dupont jumper wires, so installable/removable without
soldering, and without blocking the original socket preventing having an
internal main rom.

Some weeks ago when we were talking about the weird 8k chip in the 200, I
made a board for that. So now 200 also has this option to keep an internal
rom and still boot from rex. For the main 32k chip in the 200, you just use
the same one as 102. At the time we all decided based on the data sheets
that if all you wanted to do was replace that 8k chip, you should be able
to just use a normal 27C64, but I decided to actually implement the extra
control pin with a few gates just to be sure.

I have built and programmed that new board so I at least know the
programing jumper setting works, but have not tried installing it yet.
github.com/bkw777/aDIPters#flexrom_200_m13

It's kind of wildly impractical. These small eeprom are getting stupid
expensive. I'm afraid to add up the cost of all the bits to make a rex
classic and these two rom adapter boards to make a 200 with rex classic and
still usable internal main rom. I mean I have already got all those bits,
but I just mean I don't want to find out explicitly just how dumb it is. ;)

But I do love my 100 and 102 with the same option. I switch between stock
internal main rom with no rex, like when testing that ram+ or pgdesigns
ram, rex classic software main rom, rexcpm, and back etc any time without
opening the case any more. I love it.

And it's all just sockets and dupont pin connectors. I could put the
original stock rom back in any time. I could also ditch the jumper wires to
rex yet still use the non-original main rom by just installing a jumper on
the pins on the board in place of the wires. I could also still update the
rom on the board. That would require opening the case again but no
soldering.

bkw