From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> On Behalf Of David Plass
Sent: Sunday, April 2, 2023 4:20 PM
To: m100@lists.bitchin100.com
Subject: [M100] Model 102 keyboard cable sourced!

Like many others, the cable for my 102 keyboard has seen better days. When I
got the unit, a swath of keys didn't work, so I re-seated the connector, also
while trying to reverse the snow-plowing that had occurred previously. I got it
to work and it worked for a few months, but recently it failed again. I tried
re-seating it but then the plastic backing fell off and the wires seemed even
worse.

After MUCH searching I found a (mostly) drop-in replacement: Mouser has an
18-pin 1.25mm pitch FFC cable, "D-style" (a.k.a. "opposite") orientation:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/15168-0250?qs=N2VrfF4LzQfZl7gQv3Ba6g%3D%3D

<https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/15168-0250?qs=N2VrfF4LzQfZl7gQv3Ba6g%3D%3D&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD>
 &countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

I installed the cable and it worked okay, but I found it was loose on both
sides, so I used a playing card as a shim and now all the keys work again. Yay!

Unfortunately I could only get it in the 229 mm length (9 inches) instead of
the stock 150 mm (6 inches) that comes on the M102. That's OK, since it's the
"ultra flexible" variety I was able to just sort of stuff it under the keyboard.

Hope this helps someone save their 102 too!

-David