An update:

Unfortunately there was a freak accident in the workshop... I'm de-rusting
some of the keyswitches and the on/off switch and figured after removing
the rust I'd paint over the rusty areas (it's not ideal, but the best I
could do).

One of the switches was "clean" so I temporarily installed it on the
keyboard PCB. To paint, I was going to use a silver "paint-pen". While
shaking the pen (according to the directions), the pen exploded and
splattered paint on the keyboard and PCB. About 4 switches were inundated
with paint and another 2 or 3 got some paint splattered on them.

I spent about a half an hour cleaning the paint as best I could using 99
IPA, but there's still some paint on the PCB.

A few hours later I checked some of the affected switches and I think the
paint has dried inside them, because they're open circuits now. I tried
De-Oxit, and they are revived, but I fear it's only temporary.

My question for the forumbrain is: can the keyboard switches be
disassembled for 'deep cleaning'? I would desolder them first, obviously.

Thanks