On 4/25/23 20:58, mark audacity romberg wrote:
Say y’all, I don’t have a login on the Bitchin 100 Wiki to comment there, but
both the 8k and 24k DIY RAM board articles have no actual actionable
information—no schematics, no links, no PCB art, nothing but a photo of the 8k,
and a photo of the prototype installed for the 24k.

Needless to say…these are not useful. Could we either get the folks who created
those projects to post the rest of the information/files, or remove the
articles, since they essentially are stories, not projects?

—m.a

http://tandy.wiki/Model_100_RAM

https://github.com/bkw777/Model_T_RAM

If you're up for the experiment, there is also:
https://github.com/bkw777/reQUAD

But be advised the reQUAD circuit is not 1000% vetted. I made a few changes from Steve's original QUAD, and I am not a Steve-level EE, so... I've built almost identical earlier versions and they at least functioned and didn't harm the 100. I just haven't actually built this latest version yet.

The things I still want to nail down are:
* is it drawing any more current than necessary while on standby?
* which other logic parts besides the ram itself do I really need to keep powered while on standby?

Also, reQUAD (and QUAD, and PG Designs, and PCSG, etc) conflicts with REX, and you should get a REX sooner or later. Either a REX# from Steve or build a REX Classic. It even provides almost the same functionality as extra ram banks, in the form of ram backups. Even better, the ram backups are store in non-volatile flash instead of ram.

So I include reQUAD for completeness but don't necessarily suggest it as a practical accessory. The most practical is just max out the normal ram with 8k modules and get a REX#.

If you're ok with impractical but interesting, then still don't bother with reQUAD, because instead get a REXCPM, also from Steve.