This is a ham radio Packet BBS, so the M100 would be hooked to a TNC which is connected to a radio. This could sit in the shack next to the radio and picked up as part of a go kit. Packet radio used to be a bigger part of “nets” used for message passing.

Many ham radio operators like to be able to go portable for various reasons including emergency response support.

Kimberley Hart
She/Her
KC2OUT
kimberley082...@gmail.com