over on Vcf, I asked about whether serial over console was possible and they said:

   CP/M is basically indifferent about the details of the console, that
   being contained within the BIOS created by the vendor for the
   platform you're running on. I'm not familiar with the M100 platform,
   but if it has a serial port, *AND* the vendor implemented CP/M "I/O
   redirection" in their BIOS, then you can use STAT to re-assign the
   console to a serial port. You have to determine which of the devices
   is the serial port, but then you'd issue a command like "STAT
   CON:=TTY:" after which you should see the "A>" prompt on the serial
   port. Note that if you reassign the console to the wrong device, you
   won't be able to issue the command to return to the original console
   device (e.g. "STAT CON:=CRT:"), and will probably have to RESET and
   reboot. Read up on the STAT command, as it can show you the
   available device assignments, current assignments, etc.

Which kinda makes sense, but what is the serial port called? CON is already TTY, so that's not it. Also, how do I set the baud rate and suchlike in CP/M... anyway, " it has a serial port, *AND* the vendor implemented CP/M "I/O redirection" in their BIOS"... does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks,

Will