I think you should be ok Mike.  I purchased my machine in the US, but have
successfully upgraded to Lion from Ireland.  Now I'll add the caveat that I'm
using english (albeit a strangely pronounced and spoken variety) so I'm only
partially answering your question.

Dónal
On 22 Jul 2011, at 11:09, Michael Busboom wrote:

> Hello listers,
>
> When I get a chance, I will purchase and install Lion.  I am wondering,
> however, if the process will be as straightforward for me and other
> expatriates as it is for someone who doesn't have his or her residency in a
> country other than the one in which the Mac was purchased.  Here is my
> situation more specifically:
>
> I bought my Mac when I visited my parents in the United States.  When Snow
> Leopard came out, I had friends send me the DVD from the U.S.  I currently
> live in Vienna, Austria, and I do not plan to visit the States for at least
> three months.  When I go to the App Store here in Austria, will it be
> possible for me to purchase an English version of Lion?  Sometimes, companies
> automatically assume that if an order originates in a certain country, that
> particular language will be the default language when the product is
> purchased.  While I don't mind speaking German in the least, I still prefer
> to work with my operating systems in English.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts,
>
> Mike

> You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
> Mac-Access forum at the following URL:

Dónal Fitzpatrick
dfitz...@computing.dcu.ie