hello Geoff

I will play with the activities but I wouldn't have a clue where to start with
scripts.

Lynne

On 23 Jul 2011, at 18:27, Geoff Waaler wrote:

Hi Lynne,

I love the trackpad commander, but am also plagued by that problem where a
random palm touch alters the insertion point during text entry, resulting in
very amusing and hard to put back together data.

I wonder though if activities could offer a solution -- i.e. automatically turn
off the trackpad commander while in text edit.  I don't think the mail
composition area is identified as a separate window which could trigger an
activity (I like navigating mail via track pad) but perhaps there may be a way
to have a script automatically kill off the trackpad commander when it detects
that one is in the edit pane?  I suppose the trouble there is that like turning
off the commander, you'd have to remember to run it :).  Still, creative
exploitation of the new activities feature might solve the problem in apps such
as textEdit and Pages.

Best regards.
Geoff