Personally, I think they should have put a blu-ray player in it, especially now
as the mini has HDMI.  Would make the perfect little media server.

But to remove the DVD and keep it the same size? crazy.  Do Apple sell external
DVD drives? or do you have to get a third party model?

I fancy grabbing a new iMac next year, hope they do not remove the drive from
there.