Hi Geoff and All,

Sorry, I can't personally speak to the benefits or drawbacks of going above 4GB
of RAM or installing 1333 instead of 1067 as I've not yet done that myself.
However, my personal impressions after having upgraded several macs from 2 to
4GB is that the increase has produced general speed and stability improvements.
Again, those are only my impressions as I tend not to run any of the official
speed tests because I long ago decided that the "seat-of-the-pants" test is
what really matters to me.

In my experience, some of the most noticeable and satisfying speed improvements
have come after upgrading hard drives. While upgrading from a 5400 RPM drive to
a 7200RPM is pretty affordable these days, I've got to admit that the SSD in my
Air is a revelation and I am officially spoiled by the speed of the thing.

HTH,
Bryan

On Aug 12, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Geoff Waaler wrote:
> According to OtherWorld computing my 7,1 box can address 8GB.  Since my bus
> speed is 1.07 GHZ, I assume there would be an advantage installing 1333 MHZ
> over the 1067 that I have?

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: