Hi all

I think I need to qualify my last post a little.  I'm talking about the way
screen interpretation is changed.  I have the "VO Utility > Verbosity > Text >
speak numbers as" setting set to "words".  However, I did this because I don't
want to hear, for instance in the mailbox messages list, "one seven messages,
one six unread".  I prefer to hear "seventeen messages, sixteen unread".  But
the version numbers of programmes etc. is being taken way too literally, and
it's being translated into something totally different.  The version number in
Esther's message, for instance, with the above VO setting set to "words" is
spoken as "Version the first of February two thousand and twenty-eight".

I think we need some sort of half-way house here.  There shouldn't only be one
rule which covers everything.  I need to think about this one a little, before
approaching Apple with a solution.  But I just hate everything being read as
digits so I will keep that setting set to words and, for now, I guess I'll just
have to tolerate it.

Gordon