Hello Donál

This is quite easy to do. Simply click Sharing from within System preferences,
then move down to "Internet sharing" within the "Services" table. When that is
done, VO-right away from the table until you reach the "Share my connection
from" pop up button then select the port you wish to use. In this case, this
would be Ethernet. Vo-right to the "Ports" table, then select the check boxes
that apply. In this case, this is Wi-Fi. Then, move left again to the
"Services" table and selec the "Internet sharing" checkbox that is already
focussed in the table.

That should do it for you. WHen you select to share the Ethernet connection in
the pop up, the "Ports" table changes to reflect the change and you can set a
password when you select Wi-Fi or opt to disable that function.

Regards,
Nic