On Sep 9, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Kevin Chao wrote:

I'm not aware of any other PDF reader, other than Preview and Digital
Editions. Travis and others, I'm very curious to know what else is out
there and works with VoiceOver on OS X Lion to read PDF's?
I don't know about Lion specifically, but there are a number of other pdf readers.
softcon pdf viewer (http://mac.softcon.com/softconpdfviewer.dmg)
This was written for tiger, because the tiger pdf viewer couldn't do a continuous page view, I.E. tell vo to read continuously, and have it do so w/o having to change pages at the end of each one, so the softcon pdf viewer was released to allow this capability. However, it hasn't been updated since, so no clue if it will work on lion or not.

Skim (http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/)
It not only works on later versions of osx (including leopard), but is fully vo accessible. It also comes with source (if you so desire) so that you can see how it works, and change it if you see fit).
Adobe reader can be had at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

I've not used it, but I hear it's not as accessible as preview, but supposedly handles pdfs preview doesn't, though I've never run across a pdf preview didn't handle that wasn't an image of real pages, so in my personal opinion, this one isn't necessary, but there it is for those who want to try it.

Pdf clerk is in the app store, you can find a version for download at: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/27168/pdfclerk-pro
You can hit the developer's site at: http://sintraworks.com/
I have no idea if this app is accessible or not, so someone else will need to try this one. Then there's pdfpen which has both a regular and a pro version. It can edit pdf files as well as read them. It's not very accessible, but your mileage may vary. You can find a version of pdfpen at: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/ 13829/pdfpen

There's more, but some are pre tiger, and others are definitely not accessible, but if you really need them, a quick search on google should turn up a few more with minimal effort.
hth.