Hello,
I am trying to install the latest beta of dropbox which I understand works on
Lion. I am running Lion 10.7.1. I see from other posts that others have got
this to work.

How can I tell if the correct version of dropbox is installed? I expect to be
able to modify  dropbox preferences and to acquire links to items in the
dropbox public folder which I can include in Emails. I expect to be able to do
this within Lion without having to open Safari and logon to my dropbox userid.

Should the above all work and if so how do I do the above? I did find it tricky
to locate the latest dropbox beta and may have gone wrong and installed an
obsolete beta.

Best regards....

Paul Hopewell