Hi Sarah,
I normally use column view in Finder and when I tried the attached the drop box
item did not appear in the context menu for an item in the drop box public
folder. However when I switched to icon view or list view then it all worked as
you describe. So it looks like there's something wrong with column view on my
system. I will go tinker with the view options for column view. At present the
context menu for column view contains far fewer items than the context menu for
any other view.
Best regards....

Paul Hopewell