i had issues with installing ios 5.
i got things like internal error messages and restore problem messages so i did a couple of restore to factory defaults and for some reason it fixed the problem i was getting with backups etc and i got a problem during the restore and a button asking me if i wanted to continue and it not only installed ios 5 but also put back the things i thought i was going to lose after hitting the restore button which was a bit strange. now i have got it so far i am impressed with the new ios and as yet not had that annoying problem of my phone beeping and constantly telling me "network lost" or just quoting the time after beeping at me while locked in my pocket although whether it has been the update that resolved this or my choosing to restore my phone to factory defaults and then selecting automatic in settings for my network which found vodafone i don't know.

----- Original Message -----
From: James AUSTIN <james.aus...@mac-access.net
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility <mac-access@mac-access.net
Date sent: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:20:50 +0100
Subject: Re: anybody else having problems upgrading to ios 5?

Hi Caitlyn

It is probably iTunes silliness, it could also be that Apple's
servers are taking a hammering at the moment if I were you, I'd try ti again in a few hours, or perhaps just before you go to bed. The update will take a long time approximately an hour. I've not done this myself, yet, but Lyn has started to do it on hers and VoiceOver said that it would take about an hour.

TC :)
James