To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: iPhone 4S; is it really worthwhile?

Hello Bubba, this is Tracy.

Thank you for your perspective on this it is an interesting one. Actually though I am visually abled as Lynne calls it, sighted as a lot of others do. But accessibility and compatibility do come into this because I'd be buying 2 phones for Gordon and myself. I want my own phone to be compatible with their systems and everything they use here is Apple and that includes the servers that power this list and everything else here.

The Android phones seem to vary a lot but I've been doing some reading and it would seem that most of them don't contain any accessible features out of the box. So I've opted not to go that road because of reasons above.

It is now just a choice between Symbian (for me) and iPhone for Gordon, or iPhone for both of us. It's looking more likely to be iPhone for us both which would be 16G for me and 64G for Gordon.

The only thing that annoys me regarding the iPhone is that you don't get any kind of case or other things with it. You have to pay top prices for those as well so it is going to work out expensive. So we'll see how we go. Again thank you for the info regarding the SIM cutter which I didn't know exists.

Tracy Thompson