think of dropbox like an odd ftp server. they are not technically available on
the website, well they are if you don't have the client installed but once they
are uploaded to the server  they are download to our computer. and let's say if
you are  working on an outboard project they can get it when there computer
downloads your file.  If you don't want that person to be on the project
anymore you can simply unshare that folder with that person and set it up so it
removes everything in there shared folder and I mean everything. no warning.
This happened to me when I got kicked off of shockwave radio. Promos, station
ids everything got removed.

Also when a person removes a file from there folder it is reflected instantly
on your side. and it does not go to the trash either. It is simply gone.

Take care and hope that help a bit.