I have observed that with Google mail as a prime example, if you delete mail,
send it to trash, it recalls this, generating mail from the mail server. if you
delete these, it re generates. The advice given is to disable deleted items on
the google server through mail, yet this doesn't do the job. I have to log into
GMAIL and manually dump data once in a while to do this maintenance. this is
fraught with problems, especially when you have some important emails to rely
on and they accidentally go missing. then lost forever. Not only that but IMAP
has other glitches. Sometimes it will duplicate messages outgoing and then
duplicate again, causing a backlog. as well as poor notifications.

that's the beauty and the beast of google mail (TROLL)

lew