Hello Dane

I'm not disputing that the iMic is a dinosaur@ Nor am I disputing that there
are better devices out there and I have to say that I can't discuss regarding
accurate pricing because I just don't know.

I know Logitech do a number of USB sound devices and I am told there are also a
couple of 1394B sound devices on the market now at reasonable prices.

So, in summary; OK, point taken. Forget the iMic, go for something better.
Consign the iMic to the history museums; and go for something shiny and new.
I'm no expert; so I won't comment further.

Lynne