I have an iPhone 4, and it has worked flawlessly since I stumbled upon it
just as Bryan did.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah Alawami" <marri...@gmail.com>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: VO helping me center a face in my iPhone's viewfinder

lol. I can hardly get that  to work in ios 5 on my iPhone 4 but maybe I'll
have better luck with my 4s when I get it in june. or if not the 4s then
what ever is out there by then. I've heard good things about this face thing
and I hope it improves with time.
On Dec 17, 2011, at 1:20 PM, Bryan Jones wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I imagine most of you already know about this feature, but I don't recall
> knowing about it until this afternoon when I stumbled upon it completely
> by accident. I think this is pretty darn cool.
>
> I was lying on the floor with the dog snoring against my left  side and
> the cat purring against my right, so I thought I'd hold the iPhone camera
> at arm's length and try to snap a photo. I launched the native camera app
> on my iPhone 4 running IOS 5, put it in photo mode with auto flash and
> back-facing camera, held it straight in front of me with the back-facing
> lens aimed in the general direction of my face, and prepared to snap one
> of my standard off-center photos.
>
> . Next thing I knew, VO started saying," One face, small face, near top
> edge." I tilted the iPhone a bit and VO announced, "One face, small face,
> near left edge. I kept tilting the phone until VO announce, "face
> centered." Then I moved the camera closer to my face and VO announced,
> "One face, large face, face centered."
>
> I then switched cameras to the front camera and got the same results. I
> also tried this in video mode but VO was silent.
>
> Lastly, I tried aiming the back facing camera at my Black Lab's face but
> could not get VO to recognize her. The cat decided she didn't want to be
> part of this experiment and ran off somewhere.
>
> I wonder what other IOS accessibility marvels I'm missing. <grin>
>
> Cheers,
> Bryan

> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
> at either the list's own dedicated web archive:
>
> The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
> and worm-free!

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting