  From: Eric Caron
  To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
  Sent: Friday, December 23, 2011 4:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Notification Center Alert difficulty

  Hi Geoff,

  I'll switch off list in a bit but just in case others are following this I
wanted folks to know I have tried restoring my phone and I have deleted AP
Mobile and reinstalled it.  I won't know if this has fixed the problem until
another alert comes through from AP mobile.

  Geoff, on your 4S it sounds like you can see the weather Radio information in
the notification Center but can't get the alertss to just speak out.  Is that
right?  I can't get mine to show up in the notification Center or speak alerts
on the 4S but all works fine on my 3GS.

  My 3GS is now serving as a touch but I don't keep it with me very much so I
really miss having the notifications on my phone.

  Everyones thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

  Eric Caron
  On Dec 23, 2011, at 1:27 PM, Geoff Waaler wrote:

  > Hi Eric,
  >
  > I am seeing alerts from WeatherRadio in my 4S's notification center.  It
was not clear to me from your initial post that you checked this, though its
likely that you have.  Anyway, for what its worth, verify that the app (s) in
question appear under settings -> notifications -> heading labeled: "in
notification center".  If so double click the app and make certain the options
you want (i.e. sounds, badges, etc) are selected.  If an app such as
WeatherRadio is outside of Notification center, then double tap and you'll
notice that one of the options is to move it to the other heading.

  > I have at least one of the apps in question, though I can't force
WeatherRadio to send me alerts.  Still, if it would help we have identical
hardware, and at least one app in common, so feel free to drop me a note off
line and I'd be glad to do what I can to help you sort this out.  Then if we
learn something that might be of interest to the list one of us could share the
resolution here.

  > Best regards, and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!
  > Geoff

even though in settings they are with the others that do show up.  So no audio
alerts and nothing in notification Center when I open it.  yet they are in the
settings just like other apps that are working.  In fact they are between the
apps so I'm sure they are not in the section that is removed from Notification
Center.

  >  Zack's question is helpful as I now realize the problem apps don't show up
at all on the 4S in Notification Center.

  >  Very strange.
  >
  >  Eric Caron
  >  On Dec 22, 2011, at 9:21 PM, Zachary Kline wrote:
  >
  >> Hi Eric,
  >> Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you need or what's happening. Are the apps
not displaying push notifications properly? Are they being displayed but
somehow not spoken? Clarification would be helpful.
  >> BEst,
  >> Zack.
  >> On Dec 22, 2011, at 6:13 PM, Eric Caron wrote:
  >>
  >>> Hi Zack,
  >>>
  >>> I have that setting set to on but still no luck.
  >>>
  >>> Thanks for the suggestion.
  >>>
  >>> Eric Caron

the settings categories. In particular, there's an option under
General/Accessibility/Voiceover you might have missed. Specifically, it
controls whether notifications are announced on the lock screen. Is this the
behavior you refer to?

backed up my 3GS to my new phone and all went well.  Only one glitch.

Weather alerts from Weather radio, and headlines from AP Mobile.  My 4S just
won't do it.  I've tried to put both phones in front of me and match the
settings.  Still my 3GS announces and the 4 S will not.  I called Apple and
tried to adjust with the person and they had me do all the things I had tried
with no success.

not find them. I also looked in settings under the app outside of notifications
and there was nothing to adjust there.

I don't like doing such a drastic thing.  I was silly and did this with List
Recorder and lost useful recordings.  I don't have data I'm afraid to loos on
the current apps I would just have to fix up my settings again.

out and I wanted updates.  Need to know If I should anticipate a snow day or
school delay!  Like most educators this is perhaps even more a cause of
celebration for us then our students!

forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive: