Hello listers,

The other day I came home and found that my iCloud mail account was no longer
working.  Mail kept saying my password was denied.  I tried entering my
password many times and many places and nothing worked.  finally I used my
Apple Care and called for help.  The first person was very nice but nothing
worked.  The second senior adviser reset my password and created a temporary
one.  I then created a new password.  I believed I used forgot.apple.com to do
this.  I had all ready done this once with the first rep on my own but the
second rep did something different.  Instead of just having me create a new one
she first created the temporary one.  Once I then created mine and then entered
it into my iCloud log in and on my computer in mail everything worked.  I had
to also enter the new pass word on my iPhone in settings in mail and also again
in some apps like find my friends.

I asked the rep what would have happened if I did not have Apple care.  She
said in a case like this she would have probably forgiven the bill.  Still I
think if I had not had Apple Care I would not have called.

I also asked why this happened and why my resetting the password with the first
rep didn't work.  she didn't know, she just knew these actions might solve the
problem.

So, I'm writing this in case others suddenly have their iCloud mail stop
working.  Perhaps resetting your password to a new one will help, but you may
need to have Apple set a temporary one first.

Hope this info helps someone down the road.

Best,

eric Caron