Hi,
Please know that I am very new to using my Mac and mail on it. But, here's what
I am doing to read my mail.

I open the mail program and simply use the arrow keys to move through the
mailboxes (actually, I often use a letter key to skip directly to a mailbox
pressing the letter that is the first letter in that box's name).
I also use just the arrow keys to move up and down the list of messages,
hitting return to open a message.
I use delete to delete a message either before or after opening it.

The only time that I am using the VO keys to navigate within mail is to move
left or right from column to column (from mailbox to the list of messages in
it, for example). In that case, I use VO plus either right or left arrow.

Using this method, I'm able to hear the indication of unread, you replied to
this message, etc. for each message in the list for a mailbox.

I tried out this method inspired by the advice of a friend who suggested that
sometimes using Apple keyboard commands is easier than using specific VO
commands.

I hope that this is helpful, but I look forward to hearing from others who know
more than I do about this. :-)

One thing that I have wondered is if there is a quick way to go from the bottom
of a list of messages back up to the top?

Thanks,
Laurie M. (and, thank you, list owners, for this great list)