Hello Esther and others,

Thanks to everyone again for these suggestions and tips.  I've been adding them
to my notes for suggestions to the developer and there were several I did not
think of.  Also, it is good to have some of my concerns validated.

I'm going to comment below on portions of   Esther's post.

On Feb 1, 2012, at 3:45 PM, Esther wrote:

> Hello Eric and Others,
>
> I'd make a few revisions to some of your suggested modifications for List
> Recorder:
>
> You said:
> • I would like the default list sort method to be manual rather then by
> creation date.
>
> Instead of changing the default display sort method, why not request that
> users can manually rearrange the list items, in much the same way that users
> can re-arrange the order of bookmarks in Safari, or that I can re-order items
> I have turned into a list in the Simplenote app (where changing notes into a
> list is one of the premium subscriber features) by touching the iPhone at the
> right edge for the listed item and dragging it up or down?

In the original List recorder App you could do just that but in real use it was
a bit clunky.  I'm told that there have been improvements in the iOS that may
make bringing back this feature possible.

Also, this feature works well in a single list but does not allow the user to
move items into other lists.  The current system of checking a item then
pasting it is very much like the move option we now have on Lyon.  The items
are deleted from the original location and placed where you want them.

The other reason I like the Manual sort rather then the Creation date is that
with the manual sort you can decide ahead of time where you want the next list
item to be.  thus you eliminate the need to move it later.  With creation date
sort the new item is always the last in the list.  So unless that is where you
want it you now have to drag and drop or move it if you are in the Creation
Date sort

List Recorder comes with several sort options but currently you can't choose a
default.

> I also like the ability in the Simplenote app to "pin" certain notes to the
> top of a list, regardless of sort order.

In list Recorder you can do a similar function by checking the items you want
at the top, then choosing the sort option that places checked items at the top
of the list.

This is not exactly the same function, but the two apps are very different.
I agree with yourself, Bryan, and others, that the ability to record while the
screen is locked is a "must fix" item.
List Recorder, to me is primarily a app for organization using recordings.
However, the text functions are also strong and seem to be getting improved.  I
must admit I don't use them a lot, but have used them more now that I have
paired my keyboard to my phone.

I think Simple Note is for text only and seems very powerful. Its search
functions and sinking with the Mac are amazing.

List Recorder is a recorder and note taker both and has different strengths. I
especially enjoy the easy way items can be grouped into lists and even sub
lists.  I find that as I use the app I need to create more lists and organize
things differently.  It is easy to change locations of items and

>  move them around into new lists or different lists as you need them.  In my
> work list alone I have a presentation list, and inside that I have separate
> lists that I use for guides for different presentations. I just keep adding
> things in as I need them.

>  certainly, more language localizations for the app, including Spanish as
> Daniela suggested, would be useful.

> It would be great if this app was available to users of other languages.  I
> suspect that can happen if we can find capable volunteers to work with the
> developer.  I remember in past discussions with her that she was very pleased
> when users offered to assist with translations. That is why French and
> Norwegian are now available.

Thanks again to Esther and all of you for your suggestions and observations.  I
will pass them along at the earliest opportunity.

If you have more, keep them coming!

eric Caron