Hi Margaret,

You can also navigate to the LCD section by starting from the search text
(Command-Option-F keyboard shortcut to go there), and then doing a VO-Left
arrow twice (or Left arrow twice with QuickNav on, or flick left twice with
TrackPad Commander on).  If you interact with the LCD section you get detailed
information about the currently playing track.

Sarah, as another way of answering Ian's question, I thought that you could
always press Command-L to go to the currently playing track in the songs table.
 If you started playing it from a playlist, you'd get the other song tracks in
that playlist showing up in the songs table, the original playlist you selected
would be highlighted in the sources table, and you would be able to edit the
playlist contents in the songs table.  Does this not also work?

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther