Actually they work just fine. I find I don't need many keyboard shortcuts as I
can assign them myself through the prefs and customize the way I want skype to
be.. I could even if i wanted to change the cmd shift h to something else. So
just because skype does not have all of these fancy stuff for navigation does
not mean it is not accessible. I use this all the time for communicating with
family and friends and clients when the time comes.

Take care.