Hello,
I've switch 1 year ago.
At the begin I was only user of mac. After some months I've installed a virtual
windows with vmware fusion and Jaws and also a bootcamp partition.
Because I needed a Windows for my job to work with a lot of tables and pdf
i-forms.

I do all my private things with the Mac and VO and most of my job with the mac
too.
I don't know jaws very good (I was an user of Window Eyes witch doen't work
with a virtualised windows).

I advice you to use the Mac as much as you can.
it difficult to compare win and mac and the way to Use VoiceOver is very
different than VO. If you use the 2 in the same time, you will progress slowly
and mixe all.
It's my own experience. And now I still make some VO command on the windows It
gives my some times  surprises.

If you want a bit help, you can  contact me in private.

Regards,

Murielle

 avr. 2012 à 22:11, Shannon Dyer a écrit :

> Hi, Laurel.
>
> I recognize you from the NAGDU list.
>
> Anyway, I made the switch from Jaws and windows to Mac and voiceover last
> summer. If you need any help, feel free to ask. I'm happy to assist however I
> can.
>
> My email address is:
> solsticesin...@gmail.com
>
> Shannon
> Shannon Dyer
> Alumni Council Member,
> Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc
> ®  and
> America's VetDogs®,  The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc ®
> Providing "Second Sight" ® since 1946
> 371 E. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787
> Office: 631-930-9000, Toll-free: 866-282-8047
> solsticesin...@gmail.com
> To make a donation that can change a life...contact the Guide Dog Foundation
> at
> www.guidedog.org
> or America's VetDogs the Veterans K-9 Corps at
> www.vetdogs.org
> Visit us on facebook at:
> www.facebook.com/GuideDogFoundation or www.facebook.com/AmericasVetDogs
>
> On Apr 24, 2012, at 3:27 PM, Laurel wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>> Thanks for the help. I will probably definitely contact you off list
>> and ask you for help. I'm just getting my computer today, so I'll be
>> playing with it later this week. Did you use JAWS when you used
>> windows?
>> Thanks again, I really appreciate it! /grins/
>> Laurel and guide dog Stockard
>>
>> On 4/24/12, Mike Welty <ratta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My advice for you is to try and use the mac as much as you can instead of
>>> trying to mix windows and mac especially with you trying to transfer over.
>>> Makes things a little tricker to learn. If you listen to podcasts about the
>>> mac you can catch on to voiceover very quickly, that's how I learned it and
>>> now I'm close to going mac full time. If you ever need one on one help with
>>> the mac, stuff being explained or demonstrated feel free to catch me off
>>> list and I can do what I know to help you even via phone or whatever if you
>>> need.

>>> 3, what are the best web tutorials for learning voice over?