What happens with fusion is that Windows becomes just another program on
your Mac .
So yes you can have Jaws and Kurzweil running within Fusion and then switch
relatively instantly back to the Mac by just moving away from the Fusion
Window. You can for example scan a document with Kurzweil save it, and then
switch to the Mac to read it with, for example, Text Edit.
Copying and pasting will also work.
So you could scan with Kurzweil. Press control A to select all the scanned
text, then control C to copy it. Now press control command and return to
shift focus back to the Mac.
Now you can open say Text Edit on the Mac and pressing command V will paste
all the text  you have copied from Kurzweil into Text Edit.
The opposite is also true. I find that Nothing on Windows is as good as the
Mac at reading PDF files.  so you could read a PDF file on the Mac and then
copy text  from it into Microsoft Word running under Fusion .
For me it really is a case of having the best of both worlds. In reality,
for me,  there are still some things that it is easier or cheaper to do
under Windows where free software has a greater base.
You can even put Windows programs on the Dock in the Mac. So you could have
Kurzweil on your dock. Pressing return on Kurzweil will start Kurzweil in
Windows .
You can associate files on the Mac with windows programs if that is what you
want.  I do not do this but you could, for example, associate .doc files
with the windows version of Word. So pressing command O to open the document
in Mac finder will start Microsoft Word under fusion with the file already
loaded.

The aim of fusion is to make Windows instantly integrated into the Mac and
does a pretty good job of this. There are some steps with sharing hardware
which is not too difficult to  follow .
There are a couple of caveats . Make sure you have security software, anti
virus firewall etc running under windows. Although the Mac is a much more
stable and safe environment the Fusion version of Windows is just as
vulnerable to viruses as normal windows. You can set up fusion not to share
files with the Mac if you are really worried about this    but I do not go
that far. I d, for convenience have all my document folders available on
both Mac and fusion.

Because of this you may want to back up your windows  once you have
everything set up as you want it. . Doing this on the Mac is ridiculously
easy. You just copy the virtual Machine file with command c in finder and
paste it somewhere as a Backup, say on an external drive.  You can also have
time Machine on the Mac do this automatically for you but I prefer to keep
at least one known stable version of Windows backed up separately from time
machine. If you do get a virus in windows then just delete the infected
virtual machine file on the Mac using command delete.   Now simply copy back
your backed up version into the Virtual Machine folder to return to normal
within a couple of minutes of the file copying across. Goodbye to all the
Windows virus hassles.

Also if you intend to use Fusion a lot I recommend you get as much physical
Ram as you can for your Mac. Do not use apple for this as third party
providers are much much cheaper.

David Griffith